SSTC – Summer Tennis Tournament
Club Doubles and Singles Tournaments
After missing last year due to COVID, it is time to restart the Sans Souci Tennis Club Tournament for 2021! Sorry for the short notice, but please indicate your interest by this Friday, June 25th to John Hayes and Jackie Campbell
In traditional fashion, we will be running Men’s and Women’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles and Open Singles. You may choose to play in one, all, or any combination of Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles.
If you are new to the SSTC, you will find the tournaments are one of the best ways to meet people. For doubles, you submit your name individually and we pair you with another player who will complement your skill level. To make that work, please indicate whether you are an A, B or C level player.
Although we do encourage all players to sign up, if you know for certain that you will be unavailable for any protracted length of time during July and August, in consideration of your fellow competitors, please consider deferring until next year. Further details will follow.
The tournament draws will be posted at the courts and emailed to all participants the week of June 27th. The Tournament rules are below.
Looking forward to a fun 2021 Tournament!
2021 TENNIS TOURNAMENTS RULES
The sign up deadline for the tournaments is Friday, June 25th. Please sign up by sending an email to Jackie Campbell and John Hayes indicating the tournament(s) you wish to participate in.
You may sign up for Men’s or Ladies Doubles, Mixed Doubles and/or Singles. Jackie and John will send you a note confirming receipt of your tournament entry.
The following are the rules that have served us well in the past:
1. Registration for the tournaments is due by June 25, 2021. If there is space available, late registrations will be placed in the tournament until the draw sheets are full.
2. A win is 2 out of 3 sets for all tournaments. Tiebreaker is to be held at 6/6 in a set.
3. No substitutions can be made after the 1st Round.
4. Players unable to play their 1st Round games are removed from the tournament.
5. Any problems or concerns contact John Hayes or Jackie Campbell.
6. The Tournament Finals
- The Men’s and Women’s Doubles Finals will be played Saturday, August 28th.
- The Mixed Doubles and Singles Finals will be played Sunday, August 29th.